Sports Massage, also known as remedial massage or deep tissue massage, is the methodical manipulation of muscle and other soft tissues, and is beneficial for both sports people and non-sports people alike. It is used to relieve pain, reduce muscle tension, enhance performance, improve range of movement, aid recovery from training and promote healing of soft tissues.
We are now offering Sports Massage vouchers online. We will email you your voucher within 24 hours of receiving payment.
Sports Massage may affect the body in a number of ways:
- improves circulation and nutrition to tissues
- promotes healing of injured tissues
- improves lymphatic drainage (which helps removal of waste products and swelling)
- reduces muscle tension
- reduces focal regions of muscle tissue thickening
- reduces excessive adhesion and scar tissue formation
- promotes efficient scar tissue formation
- reduces swelling
- reduces pain
- reduces muscle spasm
As well as improving soft tissue function, regular massage provides the opportunity for the massage therapist to identify any soft tissue abnormalities which, if untreated, could lead to injury.
So if your looking for a high quality deep tissue massage, look no further than Sports Massage Belfast. You can book a session by clicking on the appointment link or by calling us directly on 028 9047 2791.
Sports Massage Belfast was established in 2001 by Ross Harris and runs out of Northern Ireland Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic.